Android 12 - some native apps no longer show autofill prompt above gboard keyboard

AntonyB
AntonyB
Community Member

Updated to Android 12 on a Pixel 5 - now current version is 5 Nov 2021 Security update
One Australian banking app (Suncorp App) always used to show the 1Password autofill option above the keyboard. The app does not require a username, just a password. Now, since the upgrade it almost never shows the autofill option. Once I loaded 1password then switched to the app and it then gave me the autofill option, but that has only ever worked once. The keyboard shows the numbers in the strip where I would normally see the autofill option.

I now went to use a website that shows the autofill strip above the keyboard and this works, i.e. I see the autofill strip above the keyboard, but no number strip. I then went back to the banking app and now it displays the autofill strip, not the number strip,

1Password is set to auto update and is currently 7.9.
Autofill and Accessibility are enabled

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android 12 gboard does not show autofill options for app

Comments

• Hey, @AntonyB! Thanks for sharing those details with us.

Are you using Gboard as your on-screen keyboard? We discovered an issue with the latest Gboard version on Android 12. We've contacted Google about the issue since it is due to Gboard itself rather than apps like 1Password. In our testing, other keyboards like SwiftKey show inline suggestions as expected on the password field. Until the Gboard issue is fixed, a workaround would be to disable the suggestion strip in Gboard (Settings > System > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > Gboard > Text correction > Show suggestion strip) or enable another keyboard on your device (Settings > System > Languages & input > On-screen keyboard > Manage on-screen keyboards).

Let me know if you're experiencing the issue with another keyboard.

• ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1480

• AntonyB
    AntonyB
    Community Member

Thanks @tyler_ I believe in using gboard. Thanks for the workaround

• You're welcome, @AntonyB! Thanks for reporting the issue.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Use Gboard beta and the autofill strip 'returns'...see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qzv9uw/anyone_use_1password/

• @jmjm, thanks for sharing! We'll take a look at the current Gboard beta and see how it affects 1Password. Hopefully, it will be the fix and released soon!

This discussion has been closed.