Feature Request: Option to change default action when selecting an item in Quick Access

Options
slammajamma
slammajamma
Community Member

Hello! I love the new Quick Access search in 1Password 8, it's much faster than the one in the previous version. One thing I'd like to be able to do is change the default action for left-clicking or pressing "Enter" on an item in the search results. I'd love to be able to set that to copy the password directly to the clipboard.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• kirkpatrick
    kirkpatrick
    Community Member
    Options

I would love this as well, it would make the quick search even more useful!

• Thanks so much for writing in @slammajamma and @kirkpatrick! I actually have a similar workflow that I use, that might suit your needs; let me know what you think! :smile:

1. Open Quick Access with preferred keyboard shortcut.
    2. Enter a search term for the desired item, and use the arrow keys to move focus to that item.
    3. Hit Right arrow key to enter the item, then use the Down arrow key to highlight the specific credential I want to copy.
    4. Press Enter; the highlighted credential is copied to clipboard and Quick Access is closed.
  • slammajamma
    slammajamma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dayton! I'm actually using the Ctrl + Shift + C shortcut currently which works well too but would still love an option to choose the action for Enter/left-click :)

• Making it possible to configure the primary action for Quick Access is something we're already discussing, so thank you all for the suggestions!

• slammajamma
    slammajamma
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, that's great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to listen to community feedback!

• Always happy to take these suggestions on board, @slammajamma. Thank you for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.