[Mac/1P8] Quick Access does not retain focus

Options

Hi folks!

Been using the EA builds for quite some time now, and just figured this bug would get addressed at some point since I'm sure it would drive anyone nuts. As we seem to be closing in on a general release, I'm now wondering if it's something more specific to my setup. Saw a couple related threads without many responses:

https://1password.community/discussion/124820/quick-access-does-not-get-keyboard-focus-in-some-conditions
https://1password.community/discussion/124994/quick-access-is-being-foregrounded-but-its-search-field-is-not-given-focus

For what it's worth, I'm running build 80400053 on macOS 12.0.1, and my keyboard shortcut for Quick Access is:

Almost every time I open Quick Access, it comes to the foreground but it does not claim focus so your next keystrokes go to the window you were in prior to hitting the shortcut.

Would be great to get some attention on this bug! Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi @michaelyork , thanks for posting here. Are you by any chance using a multi-monitor setup? We're trying to get a clear picture of what configurations (and situations) might cause this issue. We'll look forward to your reply - and thanks again for highlighting this!

• michaelyork
    michaelyork
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P Yes, I am. Let me know if you need any more info!

• kennonb
    kennonb
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Came here to post the same thing. 😊 I'm also on a multi-monitor setup. Also I think every time I experience this it's when a password field is in focus.

• macOS 12.0.1
    • M1 MacBook Air
    • 1Password 8.4.0
  • michaelyork
    michaelyork
    Community Member
    Options

Any update here @PeterG_1P? Still not resolved in build 80500034.

For what it's worth, I can confirm this also happens in single-monitor setups.

• @michaelyork

My apologies for the trouble. It is on the radar. I'm sorry I don't have any movement to share on this front. That said, you know crafty developers. I'll post this and then they'll update things. ;)

This discussion has been closed.