One Keyboard Shortcut

My favorite feature of 1Password (and part of what stopped me from using some of the newer browser extensions) was the ability to have a single keyboard shortcut to do everything. In the browser? ⌘\. On iTerm and need a password? ⌘\. Didn't matter what you were doing ⌘\ got you into 1password in an appropriate way. With 1Password 8, I don't see a way to make that work. I need different shortcuts for the browser (good old ⌘\) and for quick access (a new ⌘⇧Space shortcut.) Switching them is a horrible experience too as then the browser experience (where I enter most of my passwords) is bad as Quick Access won't "fill in" an open window, just opens a new one (and you have to search for the entry first too...)

I'd love to have a single keyboard shortcut again...

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.8
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• Johhhn
    Johhhn
    Community Member

I concur! I just installed it and can't even get the safari browser extension to show up with a keyboard shortcut. grrrr

• dfleiva
    dfleiva
    Community Member

The default is now cmd+shift+X. It appears that chrome shortcuts for extension do not allow the use of the "\". Maybe a dev can concern. I was hoping to stay with the original shortcut since I was used to it.

• heikkipekka
    heikkipekka
    Community Member

This seems not to be related to one-key but instead not allowing anything else but alphabets and numbers on the keyboard?

I used to enjoy being able to hit Ctrl+Opt+§ to bring up the 1Password mini and Ctrl+Opt+Shift+§ to Fill In Safari Browser extension, but now that keyboard shortcut doesn't work, and only shortcuts with alphabets and numbers work. I have Finnish keyboard so the § key is located left to key for number 1 and it's the first they on the row and straight below Esc-key (image attached).

I've just installed the beta running 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 on macOS 11.6.2.

This discussion has been closed.