1PW8 and Classic Extension

Options
tmoehle
tmoehle
Community Member

Hey!

Currently I'm using 1Password 7 with the classic extension. I have not migrated to the new extension yet, because I'm using multiple 1PW Accounts with different Passwords and the new extension (at least until last time I tested it) would not unlock all of them at once after entering my master password. Does anyone know if the classic extension is still supported with 1Password 8 on Windows OR if this behaviour has changed with 1Password 8 and the new extension?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tmoehle:

Thanks for asking! The 1Password classic extension is not supported with 1Password 8.

Just as a side note: we recommend when working with multiple 1Password accounts to use the same account password which would allow for all of your 1Password accounts to unlock at the same time: How to use multiple accounts

Jack

• tmoehle
    tmoehle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for information about the classic extension. This is keeping me on 1Password 7 in this case.

And... to be honest... how ironic is it that you seriously suggest to use the same password twice when your entire business model is to stop people from doing that?

• @tmoehle:

Jeffrey and Roustem have talked about this a bit here. In short, your account password is combined with the Secret Key to create the encryption and authentication keys. This is a one way operation, and your account password never leaves your device, not even in a hashed form. Your single account password will generate a unique set of encryption and authentication keys for each 1Password account, as each account has a unique Secret Key.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.