Any way of removing duplicates after a migratin?

Options
Qutrit
Qutrit
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Windows

Hello! I migrated my old data from local vaults to a subscription service and the importing happened twice and created duplicated entries for every single item in my vault.

IS there any way in 1password8 to remove duplicates?

Thank you!

EDIT: I figured it out: it actually imported it to different vaults so removing the newer one did it :).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @Qutrit, thanks for letting us know about this, and sorry for the initial trouble during that import process. It's wonderful to learn that it was a quick fix.

We do have an outstanding discussion around how to better handle duplicate issues, so if a solution that seeks out and handles duplicates (perhaps through archive or delete?) sounds like it would be useful to you, I'm happy to add your name to that conversation. Let us know! 😃

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spinoza:

In case other users stumble on this discussion, my colleague Ben responded to you here with some background information :+1:

• AdamSaltman
    AdamSaltman
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P can you please add me to that conversation, too? I just re-imported 1200 passwords by mistake, and the thought of dragging through my vault manually is mildly nauseating. Thanks!

• Hi @AdamSaltman, very sorry to hear of this situation. Sure, I'll be happy to add your comments here to the discussion, and cast a vote for a duplicate-handling feature on your behalf. Done!

• Hello @spinoza,

The customer support team is continuing cast votes on behalf of customers with new requests for a duplicate clean-up tool, but I have no additional news to share at this time.

We appreciate your patience while the product team continues to look in to the best way to handle/implement such a feature request.

• Hey, Spinoza et al.

We're continuing to advocate on your behalf and the others.

ref: IDEA-I-615

This discussion has been closed.