congratulations to 1password

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Windows

I've been using 1password for maybe 3-4 years now. I am really thrilled with the release of 1Password 8, it has a beautiful ui that was undoubtedly very meticulously thought about before final implementation . I love the purple blue green & white kind of 1980s Tron movie colour scheme, its beautiful and unique. I generally never use 1password on Windows because I was never convinced Windows was actually ever a secure operating system, but to be honest its hard not to use 1password on my windows laptop. Its hard not to use it on my laptop because the UI is stunning and the features are fantastic , its a better experience than the IOS app so far.

Its crazy to think android phones, i phones , tablets , mac and linux offer system encryption but windows basically remains an open window ( no pun intended )

I was tempted to use windows hello for easy login but I'm too paranoid lol ! I'm not sure about Windows 10 or 11 but older versions of windows were so easily breakable. Some boot discs like Hirens had special tools to bypass windows logins which I always found unnerving because I've been a windows user most of my life. I really dislike Microsoft Edge when it automatically asks to save your passwords, they should ask your permission upon initial start up before they do that I think. What even happens when Edge saves a password ? Do Microsoft store your passwords in encrypted form on their clouds, who knows.

It kind of makes me angry that Microsoft would just automatically assume you want them to hold your most private logins without consulting you.

I want to use a browser extension but I don't really like edge , its probably the least privacy orientated. I'm thinking about trying the brave browser for windows, I've heard good things about that in terms of privacy.

Do 1password browser extensions vary in terms of functionality and design per browser, or are all the extensions for different web browsers mostly the same ?

Does the new 1password 8 for windows still have support for standalone vaults or has that been totally axed ? I don't see the option listed anywhere in the menu's. I have never used an offline standalone vault but I always thought it was a handy choice.
Its nice to have the freedom to store private documents on a usb stick or something.

Have a nice day

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Forget what I said .
    It seems windows 11 does offer reasonably secure inbuilt encryption and only accepts computers with a trusted platform 2 module which is nice .

My previous version of windows didn’t offer bitlocker unless you upgraded to pro . Now it seems encryption exists for home users too if they upgrade to windows 11.

This discussion has been closed.