Install for all users

gussic
gussic
Community Member

Is there a way to force the install for all users - so that i don't have to manually go in and install it on each user profile?

I know this wasn't supported in 6 and possibly not the early versions of 7, but i thought thee was a work around (command line maybe?) to force the 7 install for all users.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @gussic!

There's no way to do this for 1Password 8 at the moment, as we only have a user installer available. It would be possible to install across multiple user profiles using the MSI installer, however we're still working on polishing the MSI package for 1Password 8, and it isn't quite ready for distribution just yet.

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

@1P_Gem Thanks for the reply! That makes complete sense given how new it is. Any (even rough, subject to change etc) ETA on when the MSI installer will be ready? I have a few multi user machines and the people that use them all use 1P but trying to ensure they have the latest version when it is installed on a per-user basis is a nightmare. None of them are particularly tech literate.

• While we generally refrain from providing a ETA's, we do have a list of folks we've compiled internally that we plan to notify as soon as the MSI installer is ready.

If you'd like, I can add you to that list and as soon as we have something tangible, we can update you here and get it into your hands ASAP.. 😊

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

@Blake Thanks for the response, and apologies for my delayed reply.

Yes please, if you could add me to the list i'd appreciate it.

• No problem, @gussic. Done! We'll be sure to contact you when the time comes. 👍

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P @Blake Hey guys just wondering if there's been any update on this as it's been nearly 3 weeks since the last update now, Cheers :-)

• Hi @gussic!

Thanks for reaching back out to us. I'm sorry for the delay in response here, but we have no further updates to share at this time. I have confirmed that you were added to list to follow up with once we have news to share about an MSI installer.

We appreciate your patience!

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    Community Member

Please add me to the MSI Installer notification list also. I'm being pressured to push this out to a few hundred computers, but because there's no mass distribution solution or any way for me to properly maintain the fleet, I've recommended holding off. Unfortunately, I'm getting pushback and I might need to rely on version 7 if version 8 isn't enterprise-ready.

• Hi @Sixty5:

Thanks for letting us know! I've added you to the list to follow up with as well. Thanks again for your patience here!

Jack

• JHQB
    JHQB
    Community Member

Hi Guys, any recent update regarding the MSI mater?
    There is a big urge in my organization to get this packaged and this would help us a lot in staying secure.

please add me on the MSI notification-list.

Best regards

• SPTMatt
    SPTMatt
    Community Member

add me as well! This is a NEED.

• mcapozzi
    mcapozzi
    Community Member

Please add me as well. Thank You!

• Blake
    edited February 2022

Hey everyone!

We don't have anything new to share about an MSI Installer for 1Password 8 for Windows right now, but you can rest assured that this is something we're actively working on! 💙

• dwyatt
    dwyatt
    Community Member

Can I get added to the notification list as well? Really wanting to migrate to v8 but can't do that until there's an MSI installer!

• Hey @dwyatt, I've added you to the notification list and we'll be sure to reach out when the MSI installer is ready. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Ali

• adisor19
    adisor19
    Community Member

Please add me as well to the notification list. Users are getting popups in the 7.9 application and are manually updating to v8.x and then get an error message when intune keeps trying to install 7.9 on top of it..

• ConnorB
    ConnorB
    Community Member

@ali.hazime please add me to the notification list as well.

• Hi @adisor19 and @ConnorB, I've added both of you to the notification list.

Ali

• timrefw
    timrefw
    Community Member

@ali.hazime Please add me to the list too

• Hi @timrefw, I've added you to the notification list 🙂

Ali

• TimBatist
    TimBatist
    Community Member

@ali.hazime Can I be added as well? We want to distribute 1Password 8 using Intune and therefor need an MSI installer. We've tried wrapping the .exe into an .intunewin file, but we have some troubles with admin privileges when the application has been installed.

• Hey @TimBatist, sure thing - added!

Ali

• stephenenelson
    stephenenelson
    Community Member

@ali.hazime Please add me as well. This is essential.

• Hi @stephenenelson, I've added you to the list 🙂

• chriskwng
    chriskwng
    Community Member

@ali.hazime Can you please add me as well

• Thanks for your interest @chriskwng, I've added you as well.

• computeruser
    computeruser
    Community Member

@ali.hazime can you please add me to the list as well? I'd very much like to roll out 1PW8 via InTune at work, but can't do so until there's an MSI installer available.

• Hey @computeruser, we'll notify you as soon as it's available. Thanks!

• Hey @gussic, @Sixty5, @JHQB, @SPTMatt, @mcapozzi, @dwyatt, @adisor19, @ConnorB, @timrefw, @TimBatist, @stephenenelson @chriskwng, and @computeruser, the 1Password 8 for Windows MSI package is ready!

We’ve put in a lot of work to make this a robust and reliable package, and we expect it will serve your organization well. Of course, we welcome any feedback you’d like to share about the deployment experience, and we’re here to provide support for any potential issues as well.

To receive a download link, send an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com. Thanks again for your patience as our team worked on this and we look forward to hearing from you all!

• computeruser
    computeruser
    Community Member

hot dog! you've made my afternoon. email sent....

This discussion has been closed.