thanls

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hey @kanadiou , thanks for this! There is no option currently to re-order sections in 1Password 8 (to my knowledge), but we appreciate the question, and I have put in a request to our developers on your behalf for this to be implemented in the future. 👍 While I can't make any promises about what will make it to future versions of 1Password, we do take requests like this one seriously and try to improve wherever we can. Thank you again for the question!

ref: dev/core/core#11432

• kanadiou
    kanadiou
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it was very usefull to reorder, hope it will be possible in future update.
    thanks !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Peter, you are welcome @kanadiou :)

• passingmagic
    passingmagic
    Community Member
    Options

Please restore this functionality that used to exist in previous versions. It is very much needed to be able to arrange the order of Sections as well as Items within the Sections.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @passingmagic, noted!

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member
    Options

I vote for this as well !
    I use 1password to keep track of my Servers, disk encryption keys, admin passwords and hardware specifications.
    I created a new 'server' entry, did not have some information to hand at the time and now I can't insert the section in the right place.
    The work around was to make a new one and copy/paste all the information across, to get the sections in the same order as existing 'server' entries.
    Version 7 previously allowed to move sections (and items within sections) around, and was very handy to keep things neat.

• Thank you @sncooper! I can appreciate the value of that flexibility in the use case you've described here.

We currently have an open feature request for this very thing, and I have added your comments here (and a vote for the feature) to our relevant internal discussion. Thanks for letting us know this matters to you! We'll keep the improvements coming and hope that future updates will impress you.

ref: IDEA-I-372

• fix2k5
    fix2k5
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Missing this feature. Vote +1

Edit: didn't notice that this is for Windows. Anyway, missing this on Mac.

• Hi @fix2k5,

That's the great thing about 1Password 8 using a common Core. Added features will be available across all platforms where possible. We appreciate your vote - I've added your +1 to the feature request we're tracking internally! 👍

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

I'm missing this feature, too

• ag_mike_d
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @nukmicah, thanks for your feedback - I've cast a vote on your behalf for this feature request. 👍

• norysang
    norysang
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Missing the feature as well. It's the main reason why I still have 1Password v7 installed on an older machine and v7 on an older iPad because it enables me to reorder fields when needed. Still, having the feature in v8 would be highly appreciated so please add a +1 to the internal feature request on my behalf.

• Hello again @norysang,

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing the ability to reorder fields in 1Password 8 and this has kept you on version 7. This is a very highly requested feature and while we are unable a offer a time frame, I've cast a vote on your behalf. Thanks!

• SelcukCode
    SelcukCode
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm a senior software engineer for years. I think you shouldn't publish a new version without any improvement. You even remove great functionalities like this. I hope you put it again soon.

Thanks,
    Selcuk

• Hi @SelcukCode,

We appreciate your feedback. I've let the team know you'd like to see the ability to re-order fields make it back in to 1Password soon. Thanks!

• nathanielhatten
    nathanielhatten
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to 8 because y'all are pushing it on me everywhere. This section moving problem has been a request for 1 year now and is key to how I use the software.

Not having feature parity with prior versions is a joke. The bigger joke is not adding back in the feature in over a year!

• Hi @nathanielhatten - we appreciate your feedback and letting us know that the ability to move fields/sections in 1Password 8 is important to you. I've passed your thoughts along to the team.

In the meantime, if this is important to you and you'd prefer to use 1Password 7 while we continue our work here with this feature, you can:
    1. Uninstall 1Password 8.
    2. Follow this link to download and reinstall 1Password 7 for Windows: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW7

Thanks for your patience.

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'm watching this thread with interest.
    This feature is still very important to me - I'm running v7 in a Virtual Machine to retain this feature. It's not ideal.

• HI @sncooper,

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature! We understand this feature is important to you (and many others) and that your current workaround is not ideal. We appreciate your continued patience while the team works on this!

As always, you'll find the latest feature updates and fixes in our release notes: 1Password Releases

• BEAK
    BEAK
    Community Member
    Options

I'm looking forward to this feature in 1P8, too.

• Thanks @BEAK - I've included a +1 for you in our open feature request. 👍

• pepperdaddy
    pepperdaddy
    Community Member
    Options

My interest level is high in 1P8 as well.

• @pepperdaddy - +1 added. Thanks for letting us know!

• rx3vz785
    rx3vz785
    Community Member
    Options

G'day 1Password Community 👋. I'm also keen to see the field/section reorder feature in 1P8. Will use the 1P7 workaround in the interim, thanks!

• Hi @rx3vz785 😀

I have added your +1 to the open feature request. Have a lovely day!

This discussion has been closed.