Where to find beta v.8 browser plugins

Options

This page talks of U better get the beta version of the browser plugins only its referred links just send you to the AppStore for the regular GAed plugins :)

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Siimnet!

I have just checked the links on the page you mentioned, and all of them brought me to the Beta version of the browser extension. Is that not happening to you?

• Siimnet
    Siimnet
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Nope I'm send to a page which for the Safari plugin just opens App Store with which looks pretty much as the GA v.2.1.4 to me, the other browser links seems to refer to some beta plugins when hovering over them :)

• Hi @Siimnet:

The link to 1Password for Safari Ben provided there is the Safari Web Extension compatible with 1Password 8 for Mac Early Access. :smile:

Jack

• Siimnet
    Siimnet
    Community Member
    Options

Well the extension is also a standalone solution, as I understand, it just connects directly without using the desktop app anyway, so it doesn't really matter anyway ;)

• Siimnet
    Siimnet
    Community Member
    Options

Well last comment depends on which extension one has active, I've got both a v.7.9.1 which I believe is a standalone version, and then a v.2.1.4 which calls the desktop app like eg. v.8.4.0

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Siimnet:

I've got both a v.7.9.1 which I believe is a standalone version, and then a v.2.1.4 which calls the desktop app like eg. v.8.4.0

Version 7.9.1 for Safari is built into the 1Password app for Mac, so it also connects to the desktop app ;)

This discussion has been closed.