Question about upgrading to 7 → 8

Hello all,

I'd like to take the plunge with the 8, just wondering if I have to remove completely the 7 app (and the associated files I can find on my mac) before or not?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• mhosborn
    mhosborn
    Community Member

I'm curious about this, too. I've seen quite a few posts on social media about 1PW8, yet my iPW7 says it's up to date when I checked for updates.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jeffrey_beaumont:

You don't need to remove 1Password 7 if you wish: I have also personally been using both side by side for a few months now, so that can certainly work while you decide if you are ready to upgrade or not :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mhosborn:

I've seen quite a few posts on social media about 1PW8, yet my iPW7 says it's up to date when I checked for updates.

You won't find the update to 1Password 8 in the existing app, 1Password 8 is a separate download.

• mhosborn
    mhosborn
    Community Member

I'm surprised that 1Password 8 for Mac is still not quite ready for prime time, as per the link above. Below is what it says on that download page.

Keep in mind this is an early access so it should be used for testing and validation purposes only and is not suitable for business critical environments. For a stable experience on Mac, continue to use 1Password 7 for now.

• @mhosborn The notice on the website is quite correct: 1Password 8 for Mac is an early access version and 1Password 7 is still our "official" release for the Mac. Our team is working hard to get 1Password 8 for Mac ready for a final release as soon as possible. If you have any feedback about 1Password 8 then don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There is a slight change, as you can see from the forum names. 1PW8 used to be discussed in an Early Access forum, now it is in a Beta forum. I guess early access was regarded as pre-beta. But a beta is still not ready for full release.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danco:

PW8 used to be discussed in an Early Access forum, now it is in a Beta forum.

We actually renamed the section 1Password Beta & Prereleases so we did not have to have a separate section for Early Access versions ;)

This discussion has been closed.