Currently a 1Password 7 user that uses purely local vaults, and I'm looking to migrate to 1Password 8. But some complications are involved...
- My personal credentials/secrets I'd like to migrate to 1Password 8
- My work-related credentials/secrets cannot be migrated due to various security policy restrictions at the companies I work with. Those will either have to remain on 1Password 7, or (more likely than not) moved over to another password manager that still supports local vaults (thinking KeePass currently, no final decision yet).
So I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. Thus far all I've done is gone through my Vaults and ensured all of the work-related credentials are in separate vaults from my personal credentials—I've also gone through my recycle bins on these Vaults to ensure no cross-contamination.
So... a few questions:
- Can 1Password 8 read local vaults and upload them to 1Password.com? Or do I need to do complete that migration before I upgrade?
- Should I outright remove the work-related vaults from my machine to ensure they don't get uploaded to 1Password.com?
- Can 1Password 8 export to a KeePass database or at least a CSV file? 1Password 7 doesn't seem to have any export functionality on Windows.
- Is there added metadata stored within my local vaults that may contain work-related materials that I need to be concerned with before I go through this process?
Or perhaps it is just better to ask a blanket broader question: How should I do this migration??
I also use 1Password on my macOS laptop. Obviously 1Password 8 hasn't been released yet on macOS, but that is available to me to help me through this migration if I need to use some of the added functionality built into the macOS version of 1Password.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided