Single Shared - Item Information Updating...

Options

It wasn't completely clear to me if sharing a single item would share a copied instance of the item at time of share link creation or a live item, or a copy that is dynamically updated when the user later updates the item in their library for that matter. I assumed it was the first implementation and after testing I can confirm. This makes me wonder how as an end user I can better control how to delete that copy and where it lives. Something that can be addressed by adding a central single share administration interface element as requested by other users in other threads.

If a central single shares management location in the user interface is added (as requested in several other threads) it would be nice to add the ability to alter and update the shared 1Password items. That way if new information needs to be shared, like a password update, or some other field, it would update the link and not require an additional share.

Any chance this is in the pipeline and coming soon?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @1PassRhino ,

In theory, this is a great feature request.
    In practice, this cannot be done without compromising on security and privacy.

To maintain the highest security and privacy standards for our users, we require to copy the existing item to a temporary (encrypted) location and "disconnect" it from your main vaults and accounts, so if you edit anything in the original item that resides in your vault, the change cannot be updated in the copied shared version without revealing your account's secrets and info.

The best route here is indeed to delete the shared item and re-share the updated original item from your vault.

This discussion has been closed.