Can you configure 2 versions of 1Password extension in Chrome?

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Since I currently have a single license copy of 1passord 6 on all my macs, I can use the same extension in Chrome, and it works on all my macs. I'm getting ready to update to the Family Membership which will allow me to start using 1Password 7 and above. The only problem is one of my macs (iMac) is still running an older OSX version that won't allow me to move past 1Password 6, or to the Family Plan (until I upgrade it, I will continue to use the single license on that computer). I know, crazy, but I have reasons for not upgrading right away.

With that said, I use Chrome everywhere, so the extensions are the same. Any ideas on how I can get around this issue? I really don't want to move to Safari on the iMac because all my shortcuts are in Chrome. Just wondering if anyone has done this before. Can I enable and disable extensions depending on where it is running? I realize that this is more of a Chrome question, but maybe you guys have dealt with this sort of thing before. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Some googling turned up this article.
    https://support.cloudhq.net/how-to-get-chrome-extensions-on-all-your-devices/
    Looks like you can turn off extension syncing on the Chrome instance on any computer. I'll just turn that off on my iMac before I upgrade.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn:

Can I enable and disable extensions depending on where it is running?

You can certainly enable or disable extensions in a specific browser, even if they are all synced. But if you turn off sync, you won't have this problem in the first place :+1:

This discussion has been closed.