1Password taking over active Apps after (1Password) login timeout

Today 1Password took over the entire screen multiple times, prompting me to type my master password because a 10 minute timeout expired, even though I was not using any 1Password functionality at that time!

v8 should get better; not worse... :cry: (the curse of running Nightly?)

1Password Version: 80500012 (Nightly)
Extension Version: 2.1.4 (Firefox)
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021

Hi @XIII, I'm sorry to learn of this. Can you tell me a little more? I haven't witnessed this before but would especially like to address anything with 1Password taking over focus inappropriately, if this is the case. Feel free to reply here or at support@1Password.com, we'll be happy to talk further! Any screenshots or anything else you can share will of course be helpful.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Haven’t found any pattern yet, so not much more to tell?

1Password pops up several times per day (but not every 10 minutes), becoming the active App and telling me I need to enter my password because the 10 minute timer elapsed.

In none of those cases I was using 1Password functionality.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Today it happened only once in the morning (9:00-12:00 interval).

Completely random (it seems).

• @XIII

The next time this happens can you please note the time and then send us a diagnostic report? I'm hoping something in the report will let us know what happened at the noted time.

• Open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and select Send Diagnostics
    • Attach the diagnostics file from your downloads folder to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.