Finding Duplicate Entries within a Vault

jamesall
jamesall
Community Member

Due to general confusion about vaults I have my logins/passwords spread across my personal and a named vault (within my family membership).

Having merged them into my personal vault I now have many duplications. Is there an easy way to identify duplicates? I found a thread here : https://1password.community/discussion/comment/575303#Comment_575303 indicating help>tools>clean up duplicate items was a useful tool but I don't have this in my V8.5.0 desktop macOS app.

I'm assuming this task is going to be a largely manual process but any suggestions suggestions/tools would be welcome.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi @jamesall,

thanks for the question - and I'm sorry to hear of the general duplicate situation.

For now, in 1Password for Mac 8, the de-duplication will indeed need to be done manually. You can do this by sorting by Title, using the downward-pointing arrow towards the top, and then ctrl + click to select multiple duplicates. Then right-click to delete.

However, we understand that a "duplicate detective" feature could be handy when you run into this kind of issue. We have submitted a feature request for that on behalf of a prior customer, and I'm happy to add your comments here to that discussion. Sorry that I don't have a more immediate solution on offer, but it is helpful for us to hear from you that this is a feature you could use. I'll pass along this use case to our developers!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#422

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spinoza:

In case other users stumble on this discussion, my colleague Ben responded to you here with some background information :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.