[Mac] When adding a tag, can't select existing one with keyboard

Options
snozdop
snozdop
Community Member

When I'm adding a tag to an item, 1Password shows a pop-up menu of existing tags as I type. However, how do I actually select one of those tags using the keyboard?

I can navigate up and down the list with the keyboard arrows, but I can't find any key that allows me to select the highlighted tag. Neither RETURN nor TAB do it.

If you've started typing a tag, pressing RETURN just adds the partially typed tag, rather than inserting the highlighted existing one in the menu.

It seems the only way to choose an item from the tag menu is to click the mouse button, unless I'm missing something.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500019)
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot even add the tag when I am clicking on it. It just leaves the tags empty... very annoying.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Came to post this. Yikes, I am seeing the same exact behavior on Windows. This is a critical enough issue where I am reverting out of beta and switching to production permanently.

AgileBits may want to pull the beta or issue a fix asap.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

An update to my post from yesterday...

After updating to the latest NIGHTLY release 80500020 I'm now seeing the same behaviour as @JohnnyFJohnsson where I can't even click the mouse to select a tag from the pop-up menu any longer.

So it's getting worse, rather than better, and now the only way to add a tag is to re-type the whole tag every single time.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

No comments from the 1PW team on this?

• Hey folks,

Apologies for the delayed response here. I've just checked on the current nightly (80500025) and was able to use return to add a tag from my list of tags when editing an item. If you update to that build or newer, are you still running into issues? Let me know!

Jack

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Yes, my 1Password has just updated to the 80500025 NIGHTLY build and it does appear to be working now. Great!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is great to hear @snozdop, thank you for the confirmation :)

This discussion has been closed.