Warning when deleting an empty vault

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member

I created a temporary vault to share some passwords with my wife in preparation for adding her to our family account. I placed 53 items in that vault and shared it with her after adding her to the account. She then moved all those items to her Private vault, leaving the temp vault empty. I then tried to delete the vault and got the following warning:

Just making sure that her 53 items are safe in her new Private vault. Can someone explain what's going on here? Are the moved items also archived somewhere? When I delete the empty vault, will those archived items get deleted too? And do those items have anything to do with the ones that were moved to her Private vault? Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Followup - I got this warning on my wife's account since she is the one that moved all the data to her Private vault. I guess the items you move also get archived. I ended up deleting the vault from my account and it didn't warn me of archived items. It was deleted just fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajahn:

Can someone explain what's going on here? Are the moved items also archived somewhere?

Yes, the items you move are placed in the source vault's Archive (you can find it in the sidebar in the 1Password for Mac app, and check the archived items there).

When I delete the empty vault, will those archived items get deleted too?

Yes.

And do those items have anything to do with the ones that were moved to her Private vault?

No, those are a copy, so deleting them won't have anything to do with her Private vault.

This discussion has been closed.