Options
12346»

Comments

• mayone
    mayone
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @Ben
    I confirm that I had a single standalone wallet synced in 1Password 7. I will write the email as indicated. In the meantime, I would like to know how to be reimbursed with respect to the subscription that I do not intend to carry out as a result of this inconceivable error in the non-repressible update. In the meantime, I proceed with installing Bitwarrden.

• @mayone

We do not have access to account details here in the community. Please discuss this with the team when you talk with them.

• mayone
    mayone
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I wrote but a BOT answered me.

• mikewest82
    mikewest82
    Community Member
    Options

I want to +1 this particular need as well. I am migrating my family from another password manager and because of multiple devices over a prolonged time period we ended up doing multiple imports which led to 100's of duplications. I really don't want to have to go back through all of our password to manually identify the pure duplicates, so even something quick and dirty (but trustworthy) to find exact matches would save me likely hours of work.

• quinncmcginley
    quinncmcginley
    Community Member
    Options

+1 i just started my free trial and after importing chrome and keychain, have many duplicates

• @mayone

That might be the case depending on how your ticket was routed. Please reply back and indicate that you continue to have questions.

• PurrfectFire
    PurrfectFire
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me

• physixfan
    physixfan
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. All of the items have a duplicated version now. All the archived version of items now become standalone duplicate items.

• physixfan
    physixfan
    Community Member
    Options

It seems this problem has been there for a year, and still there's not a fix?!

• physixfan
    physixfan
    Community Member
    Options

+1. There is still not a solution for the duplicate problem?!

• Micropop
    Micropop
    Community Member
    Options

please, i need the solution

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mikewest82, @quinncmcginley, @PurrfectFire, @physixfan, and @Micropop

I've passed along all of your requests and feedback regarding a feature to help identify and remove duplicates to our product team. Thank you for adding your voice.

In the meantime, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can see if there is anything that they can do to help you clean up the duplicates in your specific cases. Please include the following in your email:

1. Your forum username.
    2. A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/125331/tool-for-detecting-and-removing-duplicates/p1
    3. A note that you have duplicate items in 1Password and the specific circumstances that led you to having duplicates (for example, after importing items from another password manager).

-Dave

ref: PB-32948134
    ref: PB-32948308
    ref: PB-32948333
    ref: PB-32948351
    ref: PB-32948365

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello everyone! 👋

With the release of the latest beta for Mac, Windows, and Linux you can now see a list of your duplicate items in the app. Choose “Items with duplicates” in your Watchtower dashboard to see or delete all of your duplicates.

Make sure that you're running the latest beta to see the feature. As always, please let us know if you find the tool useful and if you have any suggestions for the team. 🙂

-Dave

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome sauce!

• Indeed!

• Taytay
    Taytay
    Community Member
    Options

That's hilarious. I JUST wrote a CLI tool to do this after it drove me crazy enough. I should have checked here first!
    For posterity's sake, here it is: https://github.com/Taytay/1password_utils

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Taytay

Thanks for sharing your work! I hope that you find the new built-in “Items with duplicates” feature in Watchtower useful. 🙂

Obligatory disclaimer: 1Password hasn't reviewed the tool posted by @Taytay and folks wanting to try it do so at their own risk.

-Dave

• Since the 1Password 8 beta now has a tool to see and remove duplicate items I'm closing this thread. If you run into any trouble with the duplicates tool, or have any suggestions on how to make it better, then please open a new thread.

Thank you again for all of the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.