1PW8 2FA code in Windows app not matching code in Android App

collingsjj
collingsjj
Community Member

I setup 2FA for my PayPal account in 1Password a while ago. Recently, while using 1Password 8 on Windows 11, I've been unable to sign into PayPal; the 2FA code is wrong. When I look at the code in my Windows app and compare it to the code shown in my Android app, the codes do not match. When I use the code from my Android app, the 2FA works properly and I can sign in.

I've tried signing out of 1Password 8 on my Windows app, as well as completely uninstalling, deleting the local app data, and then reinstalling 1PW8, but the code issue remains. I have a 1Password.com Family account, if that helps.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.8
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

@collingsjj Issues like this are usually due to misalignment of clocks. Is your Windows PC set to the same time zone and time as your Android phone? Right click on the Windows clock in the bottom right corner, click on Adjust date/time->Sync now and check time zone.

• collingsjj
    collingsjj
    Community Member

@rootzero Thanks! That did it. The date, time, and timezone were all set to automatic and looked the same as what my phone had, but apparently somehow Windows was off by ~30 seconds. Weird, I've never seen that before. Forcing a sync fixed it. Much appreciated.

• Glad to hear it was just a time issue @collingsjj. (and thanks to @rootzero for the assist :smile:) Let us know if you need anything in the future!

This discussion has been closed.