Best way to store 4 digit PINs

Options
legeana
legeana
Community Member

There are certain situations where password strength cannot be changed, for example when dealing with a physical hardware such as a 4 digit physical lock. I am using 1password to store these codes as well but it always gives a warning of an insecure password if I am using a Password type of entry (screenshot below).

I am wondering if there is a way to either

• Suppress this warning for a specific entry only. I know how to disable this for the entire account, I don't want to do that. Would this be a feature request if this doesn't exist?
  • Choose a better suited type of entry instead of a Password. I wonder what other folks use for situations like that.
  • Maybe I should just avoid using the default password field and use a custom field I create in a custom section which doesn't get this warning. This is a workaround unfortunately.

PIN
    Another PIN

What do you think? Thank you!

Screenshots are from the my.1password.com.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @legeana!

Suppress this warning for a specific entry only. I know how to disable this for the entire account, I don't want to do that. Would this be a feature request if this doesn't exist?

At the moment this is not possible, but we do have an open feature request to do this, so I will add your voice to the discussion ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

Choose a better suited type of entry instead of a Password. I wonder what other folks use for situations like that.

I personally also use the Password type.

Maybe I should just avoid using the default password field and use a custom field I create in a custom section which doesn't get this warning. This is a workaround unfortunately.

This is what I also do :+1:

• legeana
    legeana
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I am assuming "ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130" is some internal link as I can't find a feature voting website.

• Ben
    Options

@legeana

That's correct; it is an internal reference. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.