Bug: Custom Icons not showing in 1Password Browser Ext but is showing in 1Password 7 (Windows/macOS)

Options

Custom icons applied to vault entries are not showing up in the dropdown from the 1Password Chrome Browser Extension, but is showing in 1Password 7 for Windows and macOS.

In cases where a default icon is available, it reverts back to this. In cases where a default icon is not available, none is shown.

This happens sporadically, with it sometimes showing and sometimes not. Additionally, the icons are sometimes shown in the suggestions when you click onto a password field on a website, and sometimes not - with no apparent connection to whether it is shown in the dropdown menu for the browser extension at that given time.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hey @Oliver_Saer ,

I'm trying to reproduce the issue you are describing without success. Here's what I did:

1. I went to https://fill.dev/form/login-simple and saved a new login there (with made up credentials).
    2. I edited the login entry in 1Password 7 and added a custom thumbnail.
    3. I then went back to the website and 1Password's suggestion menu initially showed the default thumbnail for a moment, but then updated itself immediately to show the custom thumbnail.
    4. I also clicked the extension's icon in the browser's toolbar to make sure the icon is updated there as well - and it was.

Am I missing something here? If you have better steps to reproduce (so it would trigger the issue 100% of the time) please share the steps with me.

• Oliver_Saer
    Oliver_Saer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron ,

The only better steps I could suggest to reproduce it would be to follow the same steps on a site where 1Password already has a logo, but you have set a different one.

An example where I am experiencing this as we speak is udemy.com, where 1Password has their old logo but I have set their new one as a custom logo.

Some things to note about this scenario though, in case they help:

• The custom logo was not set on 1Password 7 on this machine.
    • The custom logo may have been set on 1Password 7 for Windows, 1Password 7 for macOS (different machine) or 1Password in the browser.
    • The custom logo does not pop in after a few seconds in my case as it did in your testing.
  • ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @Oliver_Saer .

Here's what I'm testing here with a Mac and a Windows machines open side by side:

1. Saved a login on udemy.com on my Mac.
    2. Edited the logo in 1Password 7 for Mac.
    3. Checked the Chrome extension - it showed the original logo for a moment, then downloaded the custom logo and sticked with it.
    4. Opened the Chrome extension on my Windows machine, it showed the original logo for a moment and then updated to the custom logo.

I then performed the same steps but on my Windows machine (saved a new login, changed the logo) and it worked the same across the board.

It sounds to me like there might be a caching issue with your Chrome extension. Can you please check and see if the correct custom logos are showing in your 1Password.com account? Simply sign into your account on our website, select your vault and see if the correct custom logo is there. If it is, I'd suggest deleting the extension from Chrome and reinstalling it.

This discussion has been closed.