To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Membership - quick questions

Options
Wonder828
Wonder828
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Memberships

After many years as a standalone vault customer today I moved to a membership customer. It went fine. On my macbook it moved the primary vault (stored in iCloud) to my new personal vault on 1Password servers just fine. On my iPhone I had some initial confusion - I didn't allow it to move my data I was afraid of duplication. I logged out and back in and after a bit discovered I could select which vault to use - perfect. Now some quick questions. Although I'll probably delete the iPhone primary vault on iCloud after a while - I noticed in the Mac app I don't have access at all to the iCloud primary vault. What happened to it? Also when I log into 1Password.com and open my vault and select an item I double click on it nothing happens - I can manually click on the associated website and it'll load but then there is no fill - no auto fill. Is there an autofill option? I think I'm going to enjoy this new experience with 1Password. I think from a personal family security standpoint if something should happen to me the emergency kit will get family members access to important information easily. Thanks in advance for your help. I'll try not to pester with too many questions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Wonder828!

Although I'll probably delete the iPhone primary vault on iCloud after a while - I noticed in the Mac app I don't have access at all to the iCloud primary vault. What happened to it?

It was removed to avoid duplication of data :+1:

Also when I log into 1Password.com and open my vault and select an item I double click on it nothing happens - I can manually click on the associated website and it'll load but then there is no fill - no auto fill. Is there an autofill option?

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension already? That is what is needed to autofill your credentials in your browser.

Also .... where are backups stored?

Backups are stored on the server:

1Password backups

Our developers are working on adding local backups too :+1:

What if I accidentally somehow delete everything? Can I restore?

Yes :)

View and restore previous versions of items

This discussion has been closed.