Where or How can I find the Standalone install that does not require a Secret Key

Options
cammot
cammot
Community Member

We have been using the 1Password standalone for a number of years, synched across Mac and IOS devices on Apple iCloud very satisfactorily.

We recently purchased a new Apple iPad and need to do a clean install of the standalone, so that we are able to continue to synch with our existing devises where the standalone is working fine. The problem we are having, is the Apple App Store does have not the Standalone version. The version Apple App Store is requiring a Secret Key, which we don’t have as the Standalone does not require one, and is working fine with all our current devises.

Each time we get in touch with the support team, they seem to want us to purchase the 1Password Membership which requires a subscription. We do not want the membership subscription and would like to stay with our standalone version, but each time we upgrade to a new devise - we cannot get the standalone install. In the meantime, we are working with a restored 1Password Standalone backup from the older iPad, but would really like to do a clean install.

Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cammot

For some background: membership is the way forward with 1Password. Standalone usage is not part of 1Password 8, and a subscription will be required. You can read more about that and what that means here.

There is not a separate app for standalone vs membership. If you've purchased 1Password 7 and for the time intend to continue to use that, you can download 1Password 7 for iOS here. If you do not have a 1Password account (subscription) and instead have a standalone vault stored in iCloud, you can find instructions on syncing with that in this guide:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

Each time we get in touch with the support team, they seem to want us to purchase the 1Password Membership which requires a subscription.

As it sounds like my colleagues have also done, I'd encourage you to consider migrating to a 1Password membership at this time so that you'll be able to use 1Password going forward.

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cammot
    cammot
    Community Member
    Options

Ben - Thanks for your reply. The issue I am having is NOT with the sync between my devices, it's with Re-Installing the Standalone app to my iPad.

As stated previously, the downloadable app on the Apple Store won't allow us to install 1Password, as it is requiring us to have a Secret Key, which is only obtainable by registering as a 1Password member for the subscription version. We only use a iMac with Apple devices, and ONLY want to continue using the Standalone version.

Could you please advise how I could reinstall the 1Password Standalone version that does not require a secret key ?

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

@cammot

Could you please advise how I could reinstall the 1Password Standalone version that does not require a secret key ?

I understand what you're asking, but there is no such thing. There is only one 1Password for iOS app. Once installed you'd need to follow the instructions in this guide on the welcome screen to set it up for standalone usage, rather than selecting the option to sign into an existing account (which does indeed require a membership and thus Secret Key).

If you're still having trouble could you please post a screenshot of the screen you're stuck on?

Ben

• cammot
    cammot
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You Ben 👍, I finally got it 👍, installed and synched perfectly with all my devises through the Apple iCloud.

What helped me is the instruction on the link 'this guide' in your message. After running the downloaded app from the Apple Store, I did see at the very bottom of the screen:

"Select your Primary vault, then choose iCloud from the “Sync vault with” menu."

Thanks Again.👍🙏🥂

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @cammot! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.