enhancement for "supporting" Sign In with Apple

zloth
zloth
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Lounge

Most of my hundreds of sign-ins use email & password. 1Password for the win. With more sites supporting Sign In with Apple, I'm using that as an easy way to sign up. Sometimes.

So it happens now that I visit a site and suspect I already have some identity there. 1Password shows no password options. That's a clue that it Might be Sign In with Apple, but my password/url/etc. hygiene is not 100%. Sometimes the fill doesn't happen because the site URL isn't in the 1Password record. Or other reasons.

I'm wondering if 1Password could somehow take note of the sites where I've used Sign In with Apple. When I attempt to sign in at one of those sites, 1Password would say "hey silly, can't help you here cuz you used Sign In with Apple!"

As I write this, I realize I could manually add a 1Password entry each time I Sign In with Apple. But auto-saving that info and auto-notifying me later would be awesome. Especially given my <100% password hygiene.

Or maybe this is more of an enhancement request for Apple. Maybe they could display an indicator to sign in (vs. sign up) if they have an ID for a site. But even if they're thinking of it, who knows how long they'd take.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12

Comments

• Hey @zloth

We have an open feature request for helping folks track when they've used 3rd party identity providers (Apple, Google, Facebook, etc) to create an account for a service. I've added your voice to that request. Thank you for the feedback!

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#199

• zloth
    zloth
    Community Member

AWEsome. 1P FTW!

• 🥰 :+1:

Ben

• logocop
    logocop
    Community Member

You can add my voice to the request. I don't know how it works with other third-party identity providers, but in the case of Sign In With Apple you use the same password each time, which is easily stored in 1P.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Done @logocop, thank you for the feedback :)

This discussion has been closed.