Feature request: merge items

Options
Jonathaaan
Jonathaaan
Community Member

Heya, would love to be able to merge items as I migrate to using 1Pass. These are all the same login for the app, and, for whatever reason, a bunch of different URLs (I'm guessing they use a load balancer or something? who knows). Would save a lot of time to select all of these and merge them all instead of copying and pasting the URL from one to another.

I did see a couple pretty old threads about this that were closed, just wanted to bump the idea back into the collective consciousness.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Jonathaaan:

Welcome to 1Password! :smile: Merging items is a feature request we're tracking, so I'll add your feedback to it.

As far as needing multiple different Login items for that app, you shouldn't need multiple Login items to login to the same app. Do all of those items have the same username and password, just with different URLs?

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#136

• Jonathaaan
    Jonathaaan
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks Jack! Yea, they're all the same login for different URLs, they're all on subdomains of the same site... not sure if that makes a difference. That is kind of an edge case, but it'd definitely be useful for quickly and easily merging e.g. an app and a web login.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited December 2021
    Options

@Jonathaaan:

You're very welcome! As someone who also uses that app, I can't speak for any load balancing that they're doing, but I know that personally, I've never had issues filling my credentials for the app on both iOS or Android with just the domain name by itself: contoso.com (as an example) as the Website entry for the Login item. Let me know how it goes!

Jack

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting idea

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• volts
    volts
    Community Member
    Options

I'd love this feature as well.

One source of duplicate items is migration from iCloud Keychain. iCloud Keychain doesn't support multiple URLs for a single Login, so it's easy to get multiple URLs if your work/school/bank presents multiple domains.

An enhancement to the suggestion - prompt to merge "known equivalent" apps and domains.

There are some good sources of information about equivalent apps and domains. The Apple "apple-app-site-association" & "webcredentials" mechanism, and the Google Digital Asset Links mechanism, could both be used to discover equivalencies.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for chiming in, @volts. :)

Ben

ref: PSS-I-25

• brianmw36
    brianmw36
    Community Member
    Options

Merge and find duplicates are some pretty basic database instructions, I find these issues/requests going back years... If you're gonna let users import items from other data (Apple Keychain etc) these 2 instructions are mandatory in my eyes.

This discussion has been closed.