To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password and/or versus IdentityForce

pdowling13
pdowling13
Community Member

Hello,
I am currently subscribed to IdentityForce (https://www.identityforce.com/), and was wondering if 1Password might replace IdentityForce, or compliment?

IdentityForce does not provide password management, but does provide some storage of passwords, and malicious access identification.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pdowling13!

I was not aware of IdentityForce, but looking at the website it looks like 1Password can complement it well. As you also wrote, they don't offer password management, which is 1Password's strong suit instead ;)

• pdowling13
    pdowling13
    Community Member

Thanks for the response - i didnt think there was much overlap, but a 2nd look is always good.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

After visiting their website (Identityforce) and after finding out what they are doing and how they advertise it, I come to the conclusion that this is some kind of snake oil they're selling. They use your fear against identity theft to sell you a product you don't need and that will not really help in case of an issue. They sell you the hope that nothing bad will happen.

The only real value they seem to sell is an insurance that might be used after the fact. But all that reports and monitoring - nobody can protect you against identity theft, if you are careless with your personal data, or if some company is careless with your data. They promise to tell you if that happened, but this is of no real use. The damage is done. You'll learn about a theft sooner or later regardless of being explicitly told by some service you hire for that.

Did you really read their website? All the description what they do and what their platform is, is full of impressive but meaningless [censored] buzzwords. Their Wikipedia article (they explicitly link) seems custom made. Their awards ("Stevie award") and customer reviews are meaningless and promotion only. It's business [censored] through and through.

I recommend being careful and observant yourself with your personal data and not try to outsource this to some company, which will not work.

1Password, on the other hand, has a real value. They sell a tool. Their product actually protects the privacy and security of the password information you store within. They provide an app and a service that stores your data cryptographically secure. That's like a bank with an impenetrable big concrete vault that will securely keep all your gold. That's real. No promises but a real thing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Anytime @pdowling13, we are here to help :) If you have specific questions about 1Password, please feel free to reach out anytime :+1:

• pdowling13
    pdowling13
    Community Member

Tertius3 - thanks for the comments. I probably lean more towards your opinion with the whole identity protection scheme. I will say that the credit monitoring, and sex offender monitoring does have some advantages. The system notifies me of transactions that have occured, that i may not otherwise know about - as well as where convicted sex offenders live - i know both of these are available elsewhere, but having everything in one place has been convenient.

This discussion has been closed.