Import from Keepass with tags?

kinwolf
kinwolf
Community Member

Hi,
Last year I imported passwords from Keepass and the import created TAGS based on the folders the passwords were in Keepass. I am now redoing the same process, but no tags are created... Am I missing something? Or is this a feature dropped from 1-password v8?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.4.1-2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kinwolf:

Welcome back! :smile: I've been doing some digging internally just to make sure I had the best possible answer for you. Currently, 1Password 8 does not support importing, so it sounds like you might have imported a CSV exported from KeePass into the 1Password.com web app. Additionally, it doesn't look the KeePass CSV export includes folders. However, I've just been doing some testing, and it looks like with using MrC's converter suite you should be able to get your KeePass items exported with tags.

The KeePass steps for the converter suite do require you to export your KeePass data as a KeePass XML format, rather than a CSV. Once you have used the converter, and created a .1pif file for importing, you will need to temporarily uninstall 1Password 8, and install 1Password 7 and import that, but after importing and ensuring all items are synced to your 1Password account, you can reinstall 1Password 8 and still have all your newly imported items.

Hope that helps you get all your items imported!

Jack

• kinwolf
    kinwolf
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I figured I would write here instead of the email so other users who might be in the same boat would also benefit from it. (oh, and I'm not back to 1password, I've been on it since switching to it last year :) I simply completely screwed up my Work vault so I am re-importing it from Keepass :P )

The procedure worked perfectly. Uninstalling v8 and installing v7 was surprisingly easy and fast. Took less than 20 secs 8-o The passwords are now back, WITH the tags :+1:

• Hey @kinwolf:

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.