1Password for Mac 8.5 beta interferring with Safari 15.1 keyboard shortcut

Hi all - on MacBook running Monterey 12.0.1, after installing 1Password 8.5 beta the Safari shortcut Shift-Command-L (for View Sidebar) no longer works. I have to kill 1Password app AND 1Password for Safari extension (2.1.4) and restart Safari to bring back functionality.

I tried remapping Lock 1Password shortcut to something else - but that doesn't help Safari until I again kill all 1Password processes.

Any ideas ???

1Password Version: 8.5 beta
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Further testing shows that it is the 1Password for Safari extension (2.1.4) that is causing the issue, not the 8.5 beta. Disabling the extension immediately allows the shortcut to work. Reenabling it immediately prevents the shortcut from working.

Why was the Lock 1Password shortcut changed from Ctrl-Option-Cmd-L to Shift-Cmd-L?

Disabling the extension isn't a good option as it makes it much more difficult to fill from 1Password.

• Hey @festus777:

Thanks for your detailed troubleshooting here! We're currently tracking this keyboard shortcut conflict, and I've added your input to the issue about it.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9365

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member

@jack.platten. I gather from your statement that this is already a known issue. Correct? Is it reproducible?

Thanks
    festus

• @festus777:

Yes, indeed it is a known issue and reproducible. Thanks for confirming!

Jack

• Anders_Jensen
    Anders_Jensen
    Community Member

Do you guys happen to know how to disable the shift + cmd + L hotkey in the 1password safari extension since it conflicts with safari hide sidebar. I cannot seem to find it on the settings page of the extension.

• Anders_Jensen
    Anders_Jensen
    Community Member

I will answer my own question with that there is no way to change the keyboard shortcuts at this point.

This discussion has been closed.