Lost Fingerprint Control

Options
phw26
phw26
Community Member

I have been running 1Password on my iPad and iPhone for many years using fingerprint without any problems. Suddenly my I pad is asking for my master password which I have forgot due to using fingerprint for too long. Fingerprint is working ok on my iPhone.
Could anyone advise how I can get my fingerprint working back on my iPad.
Thanks
Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.0.1

Comments

• phw26
    phw26
    Community Member
    Options

Lost fingerprint control.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 15.0,1

• Hi @phw26:

I'm sorry you're running into trouble with Touch ID and your password to unlock 1Password. Once Touch ID has expired on a device, there's no way to use it again without using your password to unlock 1Password on that device. If you unlock 1Password on your iPhone, do you have a Login item named "1Password account"? This item may contain your account password.

For more specifics on what steps you can take, this guide has more details: If you forgot your 1Password account password or you can't unlock the app

Let me know if you're able to locate the entry containing your account password, and I'll be able to help you further!

Jack

• phw26
    phw26
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for your reply it is very much appreciated.
    Since posting I have found on my phone a secure note with my password on it. All is well.
    Thanks again for your reply.
    Peter

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @phw26! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.