Can't see 1Password Icon as an option when signing in to an existing website or a new website

Options
antonp
antonp
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I'm literally 4 hours away from my free trial ending and I'm no where near convinced 1Password is for me. I've tried following multiple simple tutorials and after 4 days, I'm frustrated.
I've downloaded the app on my mac; i've enabled the extension in my browser; i see the icon in my tool bar BUT
1. i am not offered the option to save as a login after entering username and password. One tutorial said to click Sign In and offer to save in 1password will show up (didn't) and another said not to click Sign in and instead R click on the address bar to see the option (wasn't there)

1. On new websites, I'm told when it comes to entering the password, click the 1password icon next to the password tab and tick 'generate new password'. (there was no icon)

2. I want to upgrade my existing passwords to stronger ones and this is also not happening despite my best efforts to follow tutorial suggestions

3. 1password appears to be rated highly, but I don't understand why i can't just export my keychain passwords over like some of your competitors seem to be able to do from safari

Hope I can get some effective answers so I can feel confident to justify going beyond the trial period.

ps I wish there was a live phone service. I really have a hard time typing what I need resolved.

AP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• antonp
    antonp
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry just saw what was not provided
    Password 7
    Safari V12.1.2
    OS Mohave 10.14.6

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @antonp ,

Firstly, I've re-applied your trial so you now have an additional 14 days starting today. I'll re-apply it again when we resolve your issues if you'd like, so you can have a proper trial period :)

You wrote that you're using Safari 12, which is very outdated. The current Safari version is 15, and you need at least version 14 to have 1Password working properly in it like in our tutorials.
    Please run software update on your Mac multiple times and install all available updates (especially Safari related ones) until no more updates are found.

When you're done, you should end up with Safari 15, in which 1Password should start working properly and show up inside/under usernames and password fields, suggesting saving new logins and autofilling as shown here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-safari-mac/

We're here to support you so do let us know if things are not working as described and we'll be happy to help! :+1:

• antonp
    antonp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, but can you please cancel the new trial period as I've now decided to go with LastPass which seems to be working with what I have.
    Kind regards,
    Anton

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Anton,
    Thanks for the update.

There's no need to cancel the trial period - it will run out and your account will freeze at the end, which is ok.

We'll be here with open arms if you decide to give 1Password another go in the future :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.