Delete a masked email

Options

I have deleted my masked email in Fastmail, but it still exists in the password manager. Will it be removed automatically at some point or how can I delete it from 1password as well?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @tduerlund,

As long as you still have the option to integrate with Fastmail in 1Password, it will keep trying to provide Masked Email for you. You can turn it off by going to your Fastmail account > Settings > Masked email > Review Access > Remove Access.

• tduerlund
    tduerlund
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Nhat_Nguyen

I'm not looking to remove the feature of masked emails. I just have an account where I used masked email and now I don't do that any more, but the masked email is still in my password manager even though I deleted from fastmail.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tduerlund ,

Fastmail doesn't have access to your 1Password and can't delete stuff from your login entries, such a feature would open a backdoor to exploits.
    If you remove a masked email from Fastmail's side, you'll need to also remove it manually from your 1Password item.

• tduerlund
    tduerlund
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron
    Thank you for the answer.

Makes sense with the back door.

My question is exactly the last part you’re writing. How can I delete the masked email in 1password? There’s no place to do that?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tduerlund ,

You can delete the email field via our desktop app (Mac / Windows / Linux): https://1password.com/downloads/
    Open the app, locate the login entry, select it and click on "Edit" to enter edit mode, where you'll be able to remove that email field.

• tduerlund
    tduerlund
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron

Okay that makes sense. Is that funktionality coming to the browser extension as well? :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not that I know of @tduerlund , but I've raised that question internally and I hope we'll see this option in the future :)

This discussion has been closed.