View Item History

ajh0912
ajh0912
Community Member

It would be nice to see item history from within the desktop application, rather than having to rely on the 1Password.com interface.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ajh0912!

You will be happy to know that the latest version of 1Password 8 for Windows support this already :)

View and restore previous versions of items - In the 1Password apps

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, thanks for the reply - although I think there may be a misunderstanding.

I know that it's possible to see archived / deleted items in their entirety, but I'm looking for the feature where you can look at a snapshot of an item for each time it was saved/modified, for example to reference a field that has has been changed.

Am I correct in thinking there's no equivalent to this feature in 1Password 8 (or 7)?:

• Florian_Krumm
    Florian_Krumm
    Community Member

I ask myself the same question, is it possible to restart this topic ? @ag_ana

• Hi @Florian_Krumm, it sounds like this request is for the functionality that currently exists at 1Password.com. Is that correct?

For example, at 1Password.com, you can view a given item, select View Item History, and from here you will find a menu of snapshots of your item at different points in time. You can select each one to see what the item consisted of at that date.

Here's an example with a test item. In the most recent version, I have text in the Notes field. In the previous one, no such text is present (some of the dates in the modal window get a bit cut off in the screengrab, but hopefully the process is clear enough).

I hope this is helpful - but if there's a way you think we should further extend this functionality, let me know and I'll be happy to file it on your behalf as a feature request!

• Florian_Krumm
    Florian_Krumm
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P
    Thank you very much for your answer!
    Yes it's exactly this function that I want to use but I would like to use it on the 1Password application and not on the 1Password.com website
    Is there any way to do this?

• Hi @Florian_Krumm as far as I know this feature currently only exists on 1Password.com.

However, I have filed a feature request on your behalf to bring this functionality to the 1Password apps. I can't make any promises about when or if this will come to fruition, but we do appreciate your bringing it up - and I hope our future updates will be to your liking. Thank you for the question!

ref: IDEA-I-594

• Florian_Krumm
    Florian_Krumm
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your answer!

• Any time @Florian_Krumm - we're happy to have the feedback, and the chance to make the strongest app possible. 😃

This discussion has been closed.