Keyboard shortcut recording gets confused when using non-QWERTY layout

Options
rem1
rem1
Community Member

Hi all,

Just upgraded to 1Password 8 on Windows, loving the faster speed overall.

One bug I've noticed is that keyboard shortcut recording gets confused when using a non-QWERTY layout. Example:

• Let's say I want to bind the autofill shortcut to Ctrl-G (using the Dvorak layout)
  • After recording the shortcut, it shows up in the GUI as Ctrl-U
  • Entering the Ctrl-G shortcut (in Dvorak) doesn't work, but entering Ctrl-U (in Dvorak) does work

Essentially what's happening is the shortcut system is assuming a QWERTY layout when recording, but properly takes layout into account when listening.

Currently I'm working around this bug by recording shortcuts using the letter where it would be under QWERTY. Works for now, but would be good to roll this into a maintenance update when possible.

Best,
Rem

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2
Referrer: forum-search:qwerty

Comments

• Hello @rem1, thank you for raising this issue. This is actually one our developers have noticed as well, and we have an existing internal discussion about it established. I'll add your comments to that discussion, so that we can keep track of customer demand for these alternate layouts as well as the specific details of what you've noted here. I hope this is something we can improve for you going forward, and appreciate you letting us know what you've experienced!

ref: dev/core/core#10575

This discussion has been closed.