Same login on different sites

Options

At work I have a single access id (my domain account) for different company sites. At the moment in 1password I created several records (one for each site) so that I am offered the correct login. Is there a possibility of having only one login and making sure that 1password allows me to choose it on multiple sites?

Thank you!

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @vidario ,

If you use the exact same username and password on all of these different domains, you can edit one of the login entries in 1Password and add all the URLs there under the username and password.

A single login entry can contain as many URLs as you want and that'll allow 1Password to suggest and autofill the credentials in that login entry in all of the URLs you've listed there.

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!! Where can I find how 1password uses suggestion?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome :)

1Password suggests login items based on the domain in the website field of the login entry. It will order suggestions as follows:

• Favorites that contain the same domain.
    • Exact matches of the subdomain+domain.
    • Matches of the domain (but can be different subdomains or suffix/prefix in the URL).

If the domain you're currently visiting does not match one of the domains that are listed in the login item, then 1Password won't suggest that item.

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Any chance to make 1password suggest elements only if the url is identical or starts with what is indicated in the address of the element? Something similar to what bitwarden does... Thanks again

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @vidario ,
    We have a big feature request open about implementing advanced URL matching controls so users can adjust things the way they like. I'll add your voice there and hopefully we'll see this happening in the future :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

This discussion has been closed.