Change Forum Email Address?

Options
SpinalNeon9446
SpinalNeon9446
Community Member

I've been going through all my accounts and changing them to use unique iCloud Hide My Email addresses.

However, I'm having trouble here on the 1P forum. The generated @icloud.com addresses tend to be around 30-characters long, with periods and dashes in them. The update form rejects them with a message of: "Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores."

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi there. It appears the problem is that your (current) username has a space in it. We'd recommend changing that, as it is no longer supported in modern versions of the forum software we're using, which is likely the source of the problem when making other changes. Additionally we'd suggest something that doesn't reveal your PII. We can assist you with changing your email address as well. To facilitate that please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address currently associated with your forum account. In the email, include a link to this thread. When you email in you'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which will have a support ID in it. Post that ID here.

We look forward to working with you on this. Thanks!

Ben

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

AFAICT, the username field is non-editable.

I emailed the support address, and received this ticket ID in the reply:
    [#SAD-22456-363]

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Karl Moskowski:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: SAD-22456-363

This discussion has been closed.