Secure note but without formatting

Options

I am trying to save a JSON config file somewhere, somehow, there are no easy way to add a multiple row entry in a normal "Login" (feature request!)
So I am using a Secure Note. However that secure note will format the text when viewing.

{ "myPassword": "abc*def*ghi" }

will show with some bold text, but then I can't copy paste this unless I click Edit.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @Jean-Sébastien Goupil , thanks for raising this issue here.

There's an option in 1Password's Settings menu ( ... > Settings > General) where you can de-select "Format secure notes using Markdown."

Does that help, in this case? We'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Jean-Sébastien Goupil
    Options

@PeterG_1P Indeed, this fixes my problem. Thank you.
    It would be beneficial to be able to add a multi-line text on login entries.

• Hi, @Jean-Sébastien Goupil , excellent! I'm happy to put in a feature request for multi-line text on login entries for you. We appreciate the suggestion too 😃

ref: dev/core/core#10667

• viqi
    viqi
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am not able to format anything. There is no option of "Format secure notes using Markdown" for turning on or off.

• Hello @viqi, I'm sorry to hear this. Do you not have a "Format secure notes using Markdown" option when you go to ... > Settings > General in the desktop app? If so:

• what do you see there instead?
    • can you let me know which app and version you're running?

We'll be happy to help you with this! 👍

• viqi
    viqi
    Community Member
    Options

I am running 1password for windows 7.9.828

I don't see that option in the app or the browser. See the attached image

• Hi @viqi , ah - I understand now! 😃

Since you are running 1Password for Windows 7, there is no formatting support for Secure Notes. So what you see is pretty much what you get, in this setup.

However, in 1Password 8, you can use Markdown formatting in secure notes, which allows you to bold words, italicize, highlight as code, and so on. In 1Password 8, this feature is on by default, but users can also choose to turn it off so that it doesn't accidentally misinterpret text that isn't supposed to be rendered as Markdown. I hope that makes sense!

• Oh, and in case anyone is interested in how this works, here's our short guide to Markdown formatting in 1Password. It shows you the various character combinations you can choose to format text (example: to make a word bold, put two asterisks on either side of it).

https://support.1password.com/markdown/

• viqi
    viqi
    Community Member
    Options

How do I get 1password version 8?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@viqi:

From our downloads page here :+1: