1P continues to ask fo Forgotten older version Password

Options
michaelk7
michaelk7
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Mac

Hello,
Utilized 1P for many years. I changed the password and worse happened, I forgot the word and did not leave the greatest hint. Utilized Safari password for 1 1/2 years and missed the ease, ability on different browsers, and generaly missed the absence of 1Password. Updated to 7.9.1 now when Password window open it continues to ask for forgotten old password, the hint is also from older version. I deleted the older version and also deleted much of the old files in an effort for the newer version to work. Under about states version 7.9.1.
Any assistance or knowledge on upgrading would be greatly appreciated.
Michael

1Password 7.9.1
iMac: OS Monterey

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• michaelk7
    michaelk7
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hello,
    Utilized 1P for many years. I changed the password and worse happened, I forgot the word and did not leave the greatest hint. Utilized Safari password for 1 1/2 years and missed the ease, ability of different browsers, and generally missed the absence of 1Password. Updated to 7.9.1 now when Password window open it continues to ask for forgotten password and lock gives my poor hint, the hint is also from older version. I deleted the older version and also deleted much of the old files in an effort for the newer version to work. Under about states version 7.9.1. Backup and export goes to 2019 while I purchased it 1 day ago.
    Any assistance or knowledge on upgrading would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Michael

1Password 7.9.1
    iMac: OS Monterey

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• @michaelk7 I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password 7 for Mac. It sounds like you're trying to start over, is that correct? Or did you need to recover some of the items that you had in 1Password when you used it years ago?

If you're unable to remember your old password and you're trying to start over then you can reset 1Password 7 for Mac to permanently wipe everything in the app. You can find our guide here: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

Let me know if that helps. :)

• michaelk7
    michaelk7
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave for the reply. Is it possible to start over then import a saved CVS file with Passwords?
    Thank you...

• michaelk7
    michaelk7
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you again. I think I will try that.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2021
    Options

@michaelk7 Thanks for the reply. You mentioned using the built-in password manager in Safari in your initial post. Is the CSV file exported from Safari? If it is then you can learn how to import it into 1Password for Mac using this guide: Move your data into 1Password for Mac

If you have a 1Password membership then you can use this guide which explains how to use the more advanced (and easier to use) importer on 1Password.com: Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password

Let me know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.