Are you aware of login issue with Bay Area Fastrak?

Options
delamarie
delamarie
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I couldn't login to Bay Area Fastrak for weeks - and finally was able to when I did NOT use 1Password. I assumed it was an issue with their website login. Are you aware of this issue and working on fixing it?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:login issues SF Chronicle and Bay Area Fastrak

Comments

• Hi @delamarie,

While we're not actively aware of any issues with signing into Bay Area Fastrak, I'd be happy to take a closer look. Just to confirm, you were able to successfully log in by using the credentials from 1Password and copying/pasting or manually retyping into the login fields? Let me know!

jack

• delamarie
    delamarie
    Community Member
    Options

I used a password I came up with that's simplified and it works with copy / paste, as well as autofill. But it didn't work when I used a 1Password generated password. It could be their login doesn't accept certain characters but they don't say that on the login screen or in the error message.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@delamarie:

It could be their login doesn't accept certain characters but they don't say that on the login screen or in the error message.

Sometimes certain websites cut the password before it's sent because they don't support the maximum length: so if you have a 50 character password, the website allows you to create it, but then it only accepts the first 20, let's say, when you login.

It sounds like this might be what's happening here, since 1Password worked with a simplified password.

• delamarie
    delamarie
    Community Member
    Options

I was using a 20 character password but it does seem like it's an issue with the website, in that a simpler password worked. Unfortunately it took me many weeks before I thought to try a simpler password after that worked with the SF Chronicle app. I wish that these websites & apps were explicit about their password requirements! Their customer service people never suggested this might be the issue so had to figure it out on my own. . .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2021
    Options

@delamarie:

I wish that these websites & apps were explicit about their password requirements!

We wish that too :D

This discussion has been closed.