Can't use Ctrl+Shift+\ as a shortcut

craigfisher
craigfisher
Community Member

I have always configured Ctrl+Shift+\ as the shortcut to open the full version of 1password (as opposed to Ctrl+\ for the mini app)

This no longer works with version 8.... Will this be fixed?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Win10 21H2

Comments

• craigfisher
    craigfisher
    Community Member

(Keyboard is UK QWERTY)

• Hi @craigfisher, thanks for raising this. Our developers have included customizable shortcuts as part of 1Password 8, so that may be some help here.

You can get to this by unlocking the app, selecting the ... button, then Settings > General. There you can choose what shortcut calls up 1Password for Windows. Does that work for you?

• craigfisher
    craigfisher
    Community Member

Nope - sorry; it shows the Ctrl + Shift + when they are pressed, but the \ key won't appear.

I've now cleared the 'Fill in Browser' (which was Ctrl+) -- and it won't let me put that in either!!! I'm going backwards instead of forwards...

• craigfisher
    craigfisher
    Community Member

It's removed my backslash from above -- Fill in Browser was Ctrl + [backslash].... and now I can't replace it..

• Hi @craigfisher:

Sorry about that! Since backslash is an escape character for Markdown, our forum software may have tried to escape some of your text instead of interpreting it as Markdown.

Since you mentioned you're on a UK keyboard layout, we're still actively investigating issues with using non-ANSI keyboard layouts and saving shortcuts and hope to have it smoothed out soon. In the meantime, I've done some investigating that might help you get your keyboard shortcuts reconfigured. Instead of pressing the physical keys Ctrl+Shift+\ when binding the Open in 1Password shortcut, press the keys Ctrl+Shift+#. Similarly, to bind Fill in Browser, press Ctrl+# rather than Ctrl+\. After entering those keys, the field should display Ctrl+Shift+\ or Ctrl+\ as expected. After binding the shortcuts using the # key, let me know if using the shortcuts as shown works for you!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11663

This discussion has been closed.