macOS + Brave/Safari App Integration issues after update

Options

I ran into an issue where the macOS update for 1Password 7.9.2. 1Password integration breaks on Safari and Brave.

1. On Safari, I have to Quit 1Password Completely from Mini in order to it working again.
  2. On Brave, the 1Password extension switches to standalone mode so I have to enter the passwords for each of my 1Password.com accounts to get back into the vaults. I have to restart Brave after the update to get app integration working again.

Any plans to fix these issues?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wavesound!

Were these one-off issues, or do they happen to you multiple times after the update?

• wkuehner
    wkuehner
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem except that the steps described above don't work. I shut both 1password and Safari down and it still doesn't work. When I click on the 1password icon in Safari, nothing happens. It works fine with Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkuehner:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• wkuehner
    wkuehner
    Community Member
    Options

My ticket number is #ELV-96238-112.

• wkuehner
    wkuehner
    Community Member
    Options

I quit 1Password completely and the Safari extension seems to have come back to life.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @wkuehner, I am glad to hear this :)

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

This just happened again to me. I opened a new issue here forgetting that I had this one open: https://1password.community/discussion/127916/1password-7-9-3-upgrade-broke-integration-with-chrome-extension#latest

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Mini is telling me to install the browser extension again even though I already have it installed in Brave...

If I quit 1Password completely, if it fixes this issue. Can we fix this so it stops happening? I'm running 1PW from the Mac App Store.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates from 1P? @Dave_1P

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wavesound, I'll reply via the thread that you opened. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.