Missing Unlock Feature in 1Password for Mac using Big Sur

Options
dmvmaurice
dmvmaurice
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I right click on settings, there is only lock. There is no setting to keep 1Password unlocked while I am browsing. Sometimes I'm just idle with 1Password but then 15 minutes later I will need it and by that time it has locked again. I need it to stay unlocked so long as I am using the browser, which in this case is chrome. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmvmaurice!

Is the option missing from 1Password for Mac or from the 1Password browser extension? The title of this discussion mentions 1Password for Mac, but in your post it sounds like you are looking for this setting in the browser extension, so it would be great if you could clarify.

• dmvmaurice
    dmvmaurice
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies. I work on a mac but this is coming from the browser extension and I use chrome. I've attached a photo and this one is on chrome but under the Win 10 environment and there is only lock and when I lock it, there is no unlock afterwards. I have to put in user/pass all over again. According to documentation I should be able to keep 1Password unlocked so long as I don't close the browser. Thanks.

• Hi @dmvmaurice:

Just to confirm, the 1Password browser extension will stay unlocked for as long as you're actively using your browser (or if you've integrated it with the desktop app, for however long the desktop app is unlocked). There is no "Unlock" entry in the right click menu. If you click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar after it locks, are you able to type in your account password?

Jack

• dmvmaurice
    dmvmaurice
    Community Member
    Options

I think the word is "actively" here. I minimize my browser and work on other stuff and then come back to it. The reason this all came up was because I wanted a way for 1Password to NOT timeout. But it sounds like in order for that not to happen I have to "actively" be using my browser. And yes to your question about am I able to type in my account password. I am and thank you.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dmvmaurice ,

There are two ways to achieve what you're asking and it depends whether or not the extension is integrated with the 1Password desktop app on your Mac:

• If the extension is not integrated with the desktop app (or if you don't have the desktop app installed at all), right-click the extension icon and select "Settings". In the settings page that opens, you will be able to adjust the auto-lock settings under the "Security" section.

• If the extension is indeed integrated with the desktop app, you can open the desktop app and go to its preferences -> Security -> Adjust the auto-lock settings there.

In case the extension is not integrated to the desktop app, keep in mind that quitting the browser completely (or restarting/shutting down the computer) will lock the extension on the spot regardless of the auto-lock settings or timer.

This discussion has been closed.