Latest version seems to always lock?

bcemail
bcemail
Community Member

I'm using Win10 and mostly the Chrome extension. Everything shows as being up to date. It seems that recently, every time I go to my computer 1Password is locked. I've tried changing the lock settings but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I think with Chrome that if the browser window gets closed it will lock, but not sure why the Windows app would lock. I never really restart or shut down my computer. Would the PC going to sleep affect this? Sort of annoying that I have to always enter my password. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bcemail! Thanks for your message. It sounds like this might be related the auto-lock settings in the 1Password desktop app itself.

Can you confirm that you've adjusted the auto-lock settings in the app? If app integration is enabled in 1Password in your browser, the extension's lock state will be based on the lock state of the desktop app. When the browser is closed and re-opened the extension will automatically unlock (based on the current state of the desktop app). You can find those Auto-lock settings here in the 1Password for Windows app: 1Password > Settings > Security > Auto-lock - and the related settings you may need to adjust are as follows:

• Lock when computer locks: 1Password will lock when Windows locks.
    • Lock after the computer is idle: 1Password will lock when there’s no keyboard, mouse, or trackpad activity on your PC for the specified time.

If things are set up correctly but still not working as expected, you can confirm that app integration is enabled by following these steps:

1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll to the General heading, and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.

I hope this helps! :)

• bcemail
    bcemail
    Community Member

Thanks for the help! I think maybe it was the desktop app. Should the idle setting be set to Never? Ideally it would just always be unlocked. Thanks!

• Hi @bcemail:

This really comes down to personal preference. If it's a shared machine, I'd be inclined to set a lock timer. If you're confident your machine is secure however, then you're more than welcome to use whatever you're most comfortable with. :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.