1PW8 sync breaks with zScaler

Using 1PW for families at work, our company is using zScaler for internet security. zScaler unbundles SSL and installs its own ssl cert towards the client (see picture). This breaks the sync engine, see the log below. There seem to be a bypass that can be activated in the zScaler service but nothing much I guess you can do about it. Just wanted to provide you with the info.

INFO  2021-12-13T12:51:39.502 op_executor:invocation_loop(ThreadId(14)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\unlock.rs:87] Lock state changed: Unlocked
INFO  2021-12-13T12:51:39.829 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(32)) [1P:foundation\op-windows\src\windows\network\proxy.rs:220] proxy connected successfully
ERROR 2021-12-13T12:51:40.338 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\sync.rs:81] Failed to sync account 25BO3ES6LFB6VCNWM7T5R5UFP4. Error: SyncFailed(HttpError(IoError(IoError(error sending request))))
ERROR 2021-12-13T12:51:40.338 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\sync.rs:95] Failed to sync account 25BO3ES6LFB6VCNWM7T5R5UFP4. Retry on reconnect.
INFO  2021-12-13T12:51:40.556 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(32)) [1P:foundation\op-windows\src\windows\network\proxy.rs:220] proxy connected successfully

//H

1Password Version: 80401002
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 1909

Comments

• Hi @hkhard

I apologize for the delayed response here. We've published a nightly release that contains the changes needed to make things work properly with TLS/SSL interception. If you'd like to give this a try yourself, please go to Settings > Advanced and change the release channel to NIGHTLY and update. The change was made in build 80500038, so any version after that should be an improvement. Full disclosure: as this is a nightly release, in general it's not tested nearly as much as our betas. You'll be using the same version as our team is using which can be a good thing, but also means that you may get bugs we haven't found yet and will need to live with them until they get fixed (likely in the next nightly or two). Thanks for your patience here on this!

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Ben

• hkhard
    hkhard
    Community Member

Fantastic Ben! Didn't expect that...
    I'll have a go 1st thing in the morning.

//H

• Excellent. Hope it works out. 🤞🏻

Ben

• hkhard
    hkhard
    Community Member

Works a charm! Excellent job!

The switch from Prod to Nightly didn't take effect until I restarted 1pw and disabled zscaler at the same time, so can't say if that was the cause, but you'd probably know what is what...

• tdube
    tdube
    Community Member

Been waiting for this fix -tried this out yesterday and it worked perfectly!!! THANKS @1Password

• Thank you both for the update. Very glad to hear it is working now. :) Happy holidays.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.