Change order of autofill suggestions

Options
jimger
jimger
Community Member

Hi, is there any manual way to change the order of the suggestions for autocomplete (Android and Windows). There are sites I do have multiple possible accounts, and would like to have either a manual ordering, or a most recently autofilled/most times used one... I assume that in an automatic way u need some kind of metadata storage, but for manual one u wouldn't....

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @jimger:

Marking an item as a favorite will push it to the top of the in-line menu in 1Password in your browser on Windows. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

I will test. But is there any algorithm that 1pass is using? Cause I don't want to have too many on my favorites. I would need to be able to choose the order of potential matches

• Hey @jimger:

Thanks for following up on this. I've checked internally, and there's a few additional options you can use.

First, you can use the alphabetical sorting to prioritize results. For example, "Facebook 1" would sort above "Facebook 2", and so on.

Secondly, you can type in the field you're attempting to fill to filter the results quickly. For example:

If I type "wendy" into the username field, the suggestions provided by 1Password will filter to just the items that match that:

Additionally, we have a feature request for prioritizing suggestions by most frequently used, so I've added your input to that issue tracking it. Let me know how you get on with this!

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1117

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack. Some of them have figured myself. So pretty much it is alphabetical now... Thanks for that. Will try other suggestions👍👍

This discussion has been closed.