"Unable to save item" - can't save login info for any web site

cperret977
cperret977
Community Member

I just started my 1Password account today. I got the Windows app installed and then installed the browser extensions for Edge, Firefox and Chrome. I started working through some of my web sites to login and save the username/passwords for each into 1Password. I made it through about 9 websites and then started to receive an error ("Unable to save item") for every site I visited. I restarted the application and the browser I was using, and eventually completely rebooted the computer. Nothing has helped and now I can't add any additional logins (even for this site).

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @cperret977:

Welcome to 1Password, and I'd be happy to help you with this! As a first step to see if we can improve your state of play and get you up and running, I'd like you to reinstall 1Password in Chrome:

1. Clear Chrome's cache by following the instructions posted here.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon on Chrome's toolbar > Remove from Chrome.
    3. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from here > Close and Open Chrome > Try 1Password again.

Let me know if this works, and we can sort out your other browsers as well!

Jack

• cperret977
    cperret977
    Community Member

Jack,
    Performed the steps above in Chrome (and, just to try again, in Edge). After removing/reinstalling the extension and restarting the browser, the 1Password extension icon appears in the browser with a small lock icon on it. Clicking on the 1Password icon brings up a dialog with a button labeled "Open 1Password". Clicking on that button doesn't do anything (won't log me in to 1Password in the browser extension). Trying to log in to a web site doesn't get any response from 1Password to add the new info to my vault (obviously, since I'm not logged in in the browser). I got the same result in Edge as in Chrome (replaced extension, restarted, won't log me in).

Extra credit fun: installed the 1Password app on my iPhone. Attempted to log in after scanning the QR code on my Emergency Kit sheet, and the app won't log in. Just gives me a red banner and a message to enter my account details, which are all filled in after scanning the QR and manually entering my password.

This is, unfortunately, not a good start for my 1Password experience.

• Hi @cperret977:

Since it looks like we're digging in a bit further over email with you on a possibly related issue, we'll be in touch with you there further. Thanks!

Jack

ref: QYB-86931-419

• cperret977
    cperret977
    Community Member

Jack,

Just to follow up for those following along at home...

Worked with 1Password Support via e-mail to solve the issue. Apparently, my IP address had been blocked at the 1Password end. Not sure how/why it was blocked (suspect it may have been due to multiple logins over a short period of time as I went through setting up the desktop application and three browser extensions, creating new logins in my vault, and all that kind of stuff that happens when starting a new account). Whatever the reason, the block has been lifted, and I am able to (1) login to the 1Password web sites again, (2) connect the browser extensions and save new login info in my vault, and (3) login with the iPhone app. So, now it's off to continue saving logins and get the Macbook and iPad setup.

Thanks.

• Hey @cperret977:

Glad to hear Nhat was able to get you sorted out and off the blocklist. If you need any other help along the way getting started, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.