Attempting to login to 1Password on the web returns "Forbidden"

Options

It seems I can't login to any 1Password site (or save new login info - but that's being addressed in a separate discussion topic). I have a support page login that's remained open (afraid to close it or sign out at this point), but if I try to sign in to "regular" 1Password (e.g., to see my account), the web page returns "Forbidden". This happens when I click on the "1Password.com" link at the top of this support page - takes me to main 1Password site, where I click on "Sign in", which results in the "Forbidden" message. It also happens if I open the desktop app, navigate to my account login and click on the "Open and fill" link for the my.1password.com website link. I also can't login to the browser extensions in Edge or Chrome. The iPhone app also won't let me login even after scanning the QR code on the Emergency Kit sheet to autofill most of the info and entering my correct password. I haven't bothered trying anything on my Macbook yet.

I just started using 1Password yesterday (or attempting to anyway), and so far it has been extremely frustrating and doesn't work.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hello @cperret977,

Thank you for contacting us. The error message usually occurs when your IP address is on our block list. Let us continue our conversation via email to avoid revealing your personal information.

ref: QYB-86931-419

• cperret977
    cperret977
    Community Member
    Options

Nhat,

Just to follow up for those following along at home (cross-posted with my message in the Windows topic area)...

Worked with 1Password Support via e-mail to solve the issue. Apparently, my IP address had been blocked at the 1Password end. Not sure how/why it was blocked (suspect it may have been due to multiple logins over a short period of time as I went through setting up the desktop application and three browser extensions, creating new logins in my vault, and all that kind of stuff that happens when starting a new account). Whatever the reason, the block has been lifted, and I am able to (1) login to the 1Password web sites again, (2) connect the browser extensions and save new login info in my vault, and (3) login with the iPhone app. So, now it's off to continue saving logins and get the Macbook and iPad setup.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @cperret977! I am glad that you managed to get to the bottom of this already :)

This discussion has been closed.