CLI 2.0 beta

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited December 2021 in CLI

This might be interesting to many here:

> op signup CLI 2.0 beta 🤖🛠
Developers! If you know your ; from your ~, our brand new betas are just for you. Register your interest for a chance to share feedback and win rewards: https://bit.ly/1P21BetaTwitter

Source: 1Password on Twitter

1Password Version: CLI 2.0 beta

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thank you very much for spreading the word :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

@ag_ana When will AgileBits be distributing invites? (To the happy chosen ones)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@XIII:

They did already. I will check if they plan to do new rounds soon.

• kwz
    kwz
    Community Member

hi @ag_ana may I ask if the cli 2.0 could use the touchID or somehow trigger the GUI version for touchID support?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

They did already. I will check if they plan to do new rounds soon.

Guess I was not chosen then :cry:

Too bad; I was hoping to use the CLI to work around the clumsy Quick Access / Alfred / Keyboard Maestro combination.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kwz:

You certainly may ask :) Biometrics support in the CLI will be coming soon!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@XIII:

Fingers crossed you will make it into the next round then :+1: :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I now see an additional forum "CLI 2.0 [Private Beta]" which I can access.

Does this mean I made it into that next round, but did not get an email (yet)?

Or is CLI 2.0 a public beta now?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Ah, received the email confirmation :)

(several hours after having access on the forum)

• Glad to hear it worked out, @XIII. I'm sure the team will appreciate your feedback. :+1:

Ben

• bhekanik
    bhekanik
    Community Member

I think it would be a more secure option if the CLI didn't return the password in clear text but copied it to the clipboard (or something) unless I add a flag to intentionally opt-in for it to be clear text

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

I think it would be a more secure option if the CLI didn't return the password in clear text but copied it to the clipboard

Wouldn't it then end up in your clipboard manager (if you use one)?

The one I use excludes pastes from 1Password, but that will only be the App; not the CLI...

• I don't know that the system clipboard is any more or less secure than STDOUT in your Terminal.

Ben

• bhekanik
    bhekanik
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

the clipboard is not more secure, I can easily see what's in there if I want to. The key being 'if I want to'. For the same reason that we hide the password on login forms, sure if I want to see it I can click a button to show it or change the input type to text.

My suggestion is that the default return format for the password to not be clear text unless I ask for it to be clear text by adding a flag or something. That way I won't accidentally show it when people are watching.

The clipboard thing was just an additional thing/option to hide it.

• Vytux
    Vytux
    Community Member

That's strange, I got the email but when i click to access the private forum it says I do not have access.... Could someone fix that?

• @ag_tyler can you help @Vytux access to the Early Access forum?

• Hey @Vytux - I've made sure that you're added to that private forum. If you're referring to the invite email for the beta that we sent out it's possible that you might have registered with a different email than what's connected to your forum account. Regardless - I've made sure that you're in so you should be able to access the private forum group now. Let me know if you need any additional help!

• AndyQ
    AndyQ
    Community Member

@ag_tyler - I've got a similar issue - Could you please add me to the Early Access forum?
    Thanks!

• @AndyQ You bet! I've gone ahead and added you to the private forum group. Let me know if you have any troubles finding/viewing it!

• AndyQ
    AndyQ
    Community Member

Awesome thanks - I'm in.

• pvanwelt
    pvanwelt
    Community Member

Is it possible to have me added as well ? Thanks !

• @pvanwelt - Of course. I've added you to the private forum group. Let me know if you have any troubles getting access!

• archite
    archite
    Community Member

Any chance to get added to list? Been dying to try this out for the last few months…

• @archite You bet! I've gone ahead and added you to the private forum. Keep me posted if you have questions on viewing the welcome post/documentation!

• K41
    K41
    Community Member

Hi - I would also love to take a look at the beta.

• @K41 We would love to have you beta test CLI 2.0 :smile: I've added you to the private forum which you should now see under the forum categories. If you have any questions on the beta, go ahead and start up a new thread in that private forum group and we'll be happy to assist you.

• mmell
    mmell
    Community Member

I'd like to try the beta to test out the op item share feature described here https://1password.community/discussion/comment/628573/#Comment_628573

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

@ag_tyler Can you add me to the private forum, too, please?

• @mmell & @MerryBit - I've granted you both access to the private forum group! Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

• Goldgamer
    Goldgamer
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Could you add me please as well?
    @ag_tyler

This discussion has been closed.