Autofill not working

redtara
redtara
Community Member

autofill quit working. The 1password app has always shown up over the login window when I select it and now it doesn't. And when I open 1Password and select open&fill option for that site it opens that window but doesn't fill. Now having too copy & paste each time. Nothing has been updated or changed.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 8.5.0
OS Version: 11.6.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @redtara!

What browser is this happening with for you?

• redtara
    redtara
    Community Member

Safari, which is the only one I use.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@redtara:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you open Safari Preferences and go to the Extensions tab, do you see the 1Password browser extension in the list there? And is it enabled?

• redtara
    redtara
    Community Member

No I do not see it there. Although it is in my apps.

• Hi @redtara:

Just to confirm, you're seeing 1Password for Safari in your Applications folder? If so, can you try running this command in Terminal (to find Terminal, navigate to /Applications/Utilities in Finder)?

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

Let me know if that fixes it for you!

Jack

• redtara
    redtara
    Community Member

That did it Jack. Everything back to normal. I appreciate yoru brilliance!! Thanks, Gael

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @redtara! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• redtara
    redtara
    Community Member

Thank you. Peaceful Holidays to you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! To you as well :)

This discussion has been closed.