1P 8.4.1 doesn't unlock with Windows Hello

Mancubus
Mancubus
Community Member

Windows Hello is set up to use face unlock on my laptop, HP Elitebook 850 G6 with Windows 10 21H1, and though Windows itself unlocks successfully, 1Password says 'That didn't work. Check your password and try again.'.

Previous build was unlocking with Windows Hello.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• Hi @Mancubus, sorry to learn that you're encountering this issue with Windows Hello and 1Password. I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Since checking out problems with Windows Hello necessarily involves discussing specific aspects of your security setup, could you send us a quick email at support+windows@1Password.com, and include a link to this thread? You've already given us a great basis to get started here, and we'll be happy to discuss this further and investigate further in private.

Hope to hear from you! 😃

• Mancubus
    Mancubus
    Community Member

Hi Peter, thanks for getting back to me about this issue!

I sent you an email as requested.

• PeterG_1P
    edited December 2021

Thank you, @Mancubus. We've received the message and will be responding over there shortly 👍

• rzzz
    rzzz
    Community Member

What is the point of having windows hello support if it doesn't use it for unlock? Everytime I lock or restart the application, I need to enter full password to unlock before I could "unlock" with windows hello.

• Hi @rzzz:

Currently, we're not storing any material that could be used to unlock 1Password with Windows Hello after the app is closed. To clarify, you should be able to unlock 1Password for Windows with Windows Hello after all of your accounts have been unlocked at least once using your account password, and this will work for as long as the app is running. Once the app has been fully closed, either by manually closing it, signing out of your Windows account, or restarting your device, unlocking 1Password will require your account password again. Is this not the experience you're having?

Jack

This discussion has been closed.